Points will be awarded for all BPMC events entailing the use of a car.
Points are awarded according to the formula.
- Points are awarded according to finishing position in class or if there are no classes, by overall finishing position.
- Non finishers are included in number of starters and will be classed as finishing in last position.
- For tied positions, points are averaged for the number tied (eg if 2 entrants tie for 4th place, then each is given position 4½).
- The first signed-on passenger scores for Navigation Exercises, Navigation Scatters, Treasure Hunts. For the Test Day organisers points only will be awarded.
- For club events such as Touring Assemblies, Test Days etc where no result is declared members who enter will receive 2 bonus point towards the Clubmans championship. Qualifying events are defined by the club committee.
- Points will no longer be awarded for Organising or Marshalling which will be recognised separately in the Marshals Championship, however note that in order to be classified in the final championship results entrants must have marshalled or organised an event.
Awards are given to the first three in the end of year standings. In the event of a tie it will be decided by the following criteria
- The person who has marshalled or organised the most events
- The most 1st place positions, followed by most 2nd place and so on
Trophies for 1st, 2nd and 3rd will be presented based on organising & marshalling.
3 points will be awarded to event organisers
2 points will be awarded to marshals
1 points will be awarded for setting up an event on the day before an event
- Event organisers points will be awarded to those who organise any club event including non-competitive events including Navigation Events, Treasure Hunts, or who act as Clerk of the Course, Secretary of Meeting or Entries Secretary.
- Should an event be cancelled due to circumstances beyond the organisers control, points will still be awarded.
Championship Officials Co-ordinator: TBC,
Stewards: The Club Vice Presidents
The Pegasus Open Speed Championship
For many years the club organised an Open Championship to allow us to reward the efforts of club members competing in a wider range of events than those offered in our own calendar.
After the success of the 2016 championship, we plan to run the Open Speed Championship in 2017.
Members entering any non-race speed event can register for this and claim points for the events they enter during 2017. Each month we will keep you up to date with the latest positions in Backfire, and we hope some of the entrants may report on the events they have entered and send in pictures of their exploits.
This is an internal closed to club challenge and there will not be a fixed calendar of events, you can claim points for any speed event you enter including our own events. We will provide you with information in Backfire about the many events the club gets invited to during the year to give you a few ideas of what you could enter. We will also be trying to add to the events club members are invited to during 2017 to give you plenty of opportunities to get out and compete.
Registration – Competitors must register for the championship by contacting the championship co-ordinator. Speed Championship stickers will be issued which should be displayed on your car during events.
Number of Qualifying events – Your best six event scores submitted during the 2017 season will count. The closing date for points to be claimed is the 1st of November 2017.
To claim points mail a copy of the event results to the championship coordinator.
Points – Points are awarded according to the formula below :-
• Points are awarded according to finishing position in class.
• Non finishers will be classed as finishing in last position.
• For tied positions, points are averaged for the number tied (egif 2 entrants tie for 4th place, then each is given position 4½).
Entrants may make a single claim of 5 points for marshalling or organising at a Speed event. Such an event will be classed as one of the competitors 6 events.
The top three entrants will receive awards. Ties will be decided by the most 1st place positions, followed by most 2nd place and so on.
Pete Goodman email : email@example.com
Championship Stewards : The Club Vice Presidents